We believe that the best way to support these communities and alleviate poverty is to invest in the formal and informal education of the young people in partnership with their community. All people, and especially infants and children, should have adequate living conditions (spiritual, material, health and social) and should have the opportunity to fully exercise their rights.
Through educational and social assistance programs, we promote better living conditions and create more opportunities for advancement for people, particularly young people, living in poor or marginal conditions. To augment the existing system, we provide integrated educational assistance to pre-school children and children of school age, and run other projects that benefit their families, their community and the environment in which they live.
The children we work with suffer from a lack of attention and of positive role models, they are often required to work and many are left to fend for themselves or are expected to care for younger siblings while their parents are working. These children are at risk of becoming victims of physical, psychological and sexual abuse and human trafficking. Therefore, the primary goals of all of our projects are:
- To provide a safe environment for at least a part of the day;
- To remove some of the burden of responsibility and allow kids to be kids;
- To teach and demonstrate values that are at the core of a healthy society;
- To teach children hygiene habits such as washing their hands and brushing their teeth;
- To assist with and augment formal education to improve future prospects.
See our “activities” page for more information.