If you like the idea of doing some volunteer work with children in Latin America we’d love to hear from you. If you choose to join the Bolivia Digna family of volunteers, we guarantee you a unique and unforgettable experience!
VOLUNTEERING OPPORTUNITIES IN BOLIVIA
Short-term volunteering: 1-5 months
- Support the Playroom Project with children of less than 7 years old
- Help the children of primary and secondary with homework
- Help with sport in the Program Football/Sports and Values
- Help with projects in Arts and Values (music, theater, dance, painting, circus arts, etc.)
- Support the Program "We speak English"
- Help with special science projects
For more information please visit the section "Activities". Interested? Contact us : email@example.com
Bolivia Digna’s projects with children in Cochabamba
- A home for children whose parents are in prison
- A daycare for children whose parents are or have been in prison
- A home for children and teenagers who have lived in the streets
- A children's hospital
- A center for children and young people with disabilities
- A birds refuge and other animals who have been saved from captivity and abuse.
Any questions or interested? Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Partners’ projects in Cochabamba
Long-term volunteering: 6 months to 1 year
- Responsible for the Project "Playroom": educative work with children under 7 years old
- Responsible in projects in the area of Arts (music, theater, dances, painting, circus arts, etc.)
- Reponsible of Sports Projects
- Reponsible of the management of the infrustructure (painting, electricity, plumbing, gardening, etc.)
- Responsible of the administrative management and implementation of projects
- Responsible of the renovation and use of space
- Communications Assistant (Interinstitutional communications, web and networks, production of material, etc.)
- Reponsible of fundraising
- Responsible of the management of the work teams
You are interested or have questions? Don't hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
Work with Bolivia Digna in Cochabamba
Work in a home for children with teenagers and young people (males) aged 12-25 years old
The home is situated in a La Salle high-school in Santa Cruz, and is hosting 41 male teenagers and young people aged 12-25 years old, who have suffered some kind of violence. The idea is that they find, in this home, support. They are going to school and get help from educators for their homework. They also get technical education within the home (printing and graphic design). And finally, the home helps them to find their path in their life.
The home also needs serious renovation. There are possibilities of funding for renovation but the home needs someone to rethink the building and its management and see where are the priorities as well as the use of the rooms.
We are looking for a long-term volunteer, either a male or a couple with work and life experience who is able to guide the teenagers in their life. We are looking for someone with experience with children/teenagers and/or with project management.
There is no fee for this volunteering: you would live in the house together with the brothers and receive free accommodation and food for the time of your stay. Interested? Contact us firstname.lastname@example.org !
About Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz de la Sierra is Bolivia's commercial center and the capital city of the Santa Cruz department. It is slightly bigger than La Paz and is one of the world’s fastest growing cities. Its climate is warm and tropical and has a great wildlife, a busy night-life and interesting culture!
A home in Santa Cruz
Work on social projects with children and teenagers
The local school La Salle is working in disadvantaged communities of Oruro, in particular with small children (less than 5 years) and teenagers and does social projects with them. We are looking for a woman who would carry out social projects together with the school’s staff and some students in several communities.
There is no fee for this volunteering: you would live in the house together with the staff and receive free accommodation and food for the time of your stay. Interested? Contact us email@example.com !
Oruro or Uru Uru is a city in Bolivia with a population of 264,683, located in the Altiplano about equidistant between La Paz and Sucre at 3700m above sea level. It is the capital of the Oruro Department of Bolivia and home to the famous Carnival, the second biggest after Rio de Janeiro of Latin America.
Social projects with children in Oruro
If you have decided that you would like to volunteer with us, the application process is very informal. Simply send us your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org , let us know to which opportunity you are applying and we will get back to you quickly to discuss when and where you can fit in with us. If there is mutual interest, we will then arrange a Skype call to get to know each other better, directly address any questions or concerns and agree next steps.
We understand that this can be a difficult decision and a big step into the unknown so, where possible, we will arrange for you to speak with one of our current or former volunteers with a similar background to your own.