As a volunteer with Bolivia Digna you can work directly with the children and make a difference as well as grow as an individual. What seems little to you can mean the world to the children!
We need people who will work directly with the children on our projects to support our educators, think about and develop educative and/or artisitic activities. There are of course many other ways you can help and support Bolivia Digna and overall, your tasks will include:
- Organise innovative projects that are of interest for the children and/or their communities;
- Help planning and preparing lessons;
- Fundraising events and activities;
- Promote the work of Bolivia Digna through social media and with foreign agencies or universities in your country;
- Help with the maintenance and improvement of projects in our volunteer house or in the community centres.
If you have special area of interest, let us know as through our network of local partner organizations we can allow volunteers to split their time between working with us and working with another local charity.
You are sure to grow as an individual, learn things about yourself and probably rethink some of your priorities – you have a great opportunity not only to change the lives of the children but also your own!
- Make a difference in the lives of the children and their family
- Help children who are less fortunate and often without a voice
- Give them a smile everyday
- Gain confidence and self-esteem
- Meet new people and make new friends from other backgrounds and cultures
- Getting to know Bolivian communities from Cochabamba and another culture
- Gain new skills, knowledge and experience
- Develop existing skills and knowledge
- Use your professional skills and knowledge to benefit our projects
Working with Bolivia Digna for half a year was one of the most wonderful experiences I have ever had. It was amazing to experience the children's energy, affection and love every day. While giving my time and effort to the children I received so much more in return. Each day I learned a lot from them, their curiosity, their solidarity and playfulness.
When living in the US I got to know the concept of paying forward. We receive so much during our childhood and whole life and we’ll never be able to pay back for example what we received from our parents. Love, time, support and believing in us. That’s one of the reasons I looked into volunteering to pay forward a little bit of the love and support I received.
So my experience in Cochabamba with Bolivia Digna was without a doubt.... amazing ... will I volunteer again, most definitely!! It was the smiles of all the children in the project and how they loved to be affectionate and be shown affection is what amazed me every day. It simply gives you that warm glow ....